An updated practice schedule has been posted for U8, U10 and U12. The change only affected one team and they are already aware of it.
As a reminder, the coaches meeting is this Thursday at 7PM. U6 coaches are welcome to attend as well, however, it’s not required as we’ll have a separate meeting for you later in August.
We’ll be running a second field setup session this coming Saturday, August 3rd at 9AM. We’ll meet at Chatham Glenn, get those fields taken care of and then, depending on time, head over to Cibort as well. Any and all volunteers are greatly appreciated. Please contact Dave Pender if you can help.
If you are attached to a team for the season, you should have received two emails late this week. The first was general coaching information and the second would be your access to the database for rostering. If you did not receive one or both of these messages, please contact Ricardo Duarte, Jim LaSalla or Dave Pender.
With the rosters being sent out, you should begin to hear from your coaches if you have not already to inform you of practice times and locations.
Please see the post below for more details.
Just a few quick notes on current status of the Fall 2013 season:
- Registration – we still have a few open slots at each age group so get your kids signed up as soon as possible
- Rosters – we’re currently finalizing rosters and they will be distributed to coaches in the next few days. Parents, you should begin hearing from coaches later this week.
- Practice Schedule – we hope to have this finalized by the end of the week. practices start up the week of August 4th.
- Coaches Meeting – scheduled for August 1st at 7PM at the Swatara Township Administration Building, more details to be sent to coaches soon
- Coaches Clinic – details are being finalized, planned for Saturday morning, July 27th (this coming weekend)
- Field Setup – as with previous seasons, we’d like to coordinate this with the Coaches Clinic and take care of as many fields as possible on Saturday morning – more info to follow.
- Game Schedule – while getting the practice season underway, the game schedule is already in the works… currently, we’re trying to work out the best way to handle the bye weeks with a couple of age groups to avoid conflicts and lack of games. Our first games will be the weekend of September 7th-8th.
- Volunteers – we are still on the hunt for a few coaching positions and our Boys and Girls Directors will be reaching out to parents individually in hopes of hilling these slots.
- U6 Coed Program – since this program does not have a formal practice season during the month of August, information on rosters and game schedules will not be available until mid-to-late August.
The monthly Board meeting for July will take place this coming Thursday, July 11th at 7:30PM at the Swatara Township Administration Building.
We have received many Risk Management applications for coaches and assistants this year, thank you in advance for your willingness to help out! If you’re interested in lending a hand as a head or assistant coach (you don’t have to be Pele to do it!), please make sure you fill out the virtual paperwork necessary for us to be able to place you with a team. The link is on the Online Registration page to the right.
We are now in wait list mode on the registration system. This means that we are still accepting registrations, however, your child is not guaranteed a position on a team. Very rarely do we turn kids away, but it’s necessary to take this step so that we can begin the process of forming teams and ordering uniforms and other equipment. As of this morning, we still have a few slots at each age group.
Please don’t wait until the last minute. Regular registration closes at the end of the month. After that time, your child is not guaranteed a spot on a team.
The monthly Board meeting for June will be held this Thursday, June 13th at the Swatara Township Administration Building at 7:30 pm.
Walk-in registration will be held from 9AM to 12PM tomorrow (Saturday), May 11th at the Swatara Township Administration Building.
At last night’s meeting, it was discussed that some schools had not yet sent the flyers home, we are evaluating the option of holding a second open registration date in June. Walk-in registration can also be completed at the June Board Meeting (2nd Thursday, 7:30PM).